The purpose of this position is to lead and manage SANEDI’s strategic applied energy and innovation, and create a pipeline for applied energy and innovation programmes/technologies. Provide thought leadership and create an enabling environment for applied energy and innovation in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
A university degree (Masters, or academic equivalent) in management, administration, engineering, energy, economics, marketing, project management or another field with direct relevance to the project.
25 December 2021
Key Performance Areas
- An engineer, preferably with a PhD,
- A background of working with electricity grids,
- At least 5 years’ experience working within a research environment and operating at an executive management level , 3 years being part of an executive team reporting to the Board
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of the Smart cities, Smart grids technologies, 4IR and digitalisation of electricity systems.
- In depth understanding of municipal energy environment (legal frameworks, infrastructure, systems and processes).
- Experience in the National Research System, applied energy and/or innovation/Applied Energy, Smart Grids, Cleaner Mobility, Hydrogen,Energy Secretariat (alternative energy, excluding nuclear)
- Strong financial acumen, the ability to drive strategic development and improving operational performance; and
- Unquestionable integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and develop excellence