Project Manager: Strategic Partnerships
The mandate of the position is to assist the Head: Energy Secretariat to manage the implementation of the various alternative energy research, development, and innovation (DSI) initiatives on behalf of the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), including the implementation of the Hydrogen South Africa Programme, the Platinum Valley, the Hydrogen Society Roadmap (HSRM) and the Energy Research and Development Strategy...
Programme 4: Energy Secretariat
Fixed Term Contract - 1 year
Qualifications and experience:
• Minimum 4 year B-tech or bachelor’s degree in science or engineering. A PhD in science or engineering will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of five years in Project Management or engineering-related working experience in the energy sector.
• Knowledge of the DSI flagship programmes.
• Knowledge of research, development and innovation activities in the energy sector.
• Knowledge of Government science, technology and innovation (STI) systems, in particular the National System of Innovation.
• Knowledge of the 2019 White Paper on STI.
• Good understanding of the corporate governance systems, policy and strategy analysis development and implementation.
• Knowledge of the relevant policies and legislations, such as the Intellectual Property Rights from Publicly Financed Research and Development Act, National Development Plan and the Public Finance Management Act.
• In-depth understanding of the South African energy system; and global energy system; and
• A well-developed understanding and knowledge about hydrogen and fuel cell technologies and renewable energy technologies.
26 September 2023
Download Job Spec
- Project Management.
- Contract Management.
- Financial Management.
- Computer Literacy (MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Process flow, and databases) .
- Report writing.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Good Interpersonal and Listening Skills.
- Problem solving skills.