The smart grids division requires a project engineer with electricity distribution network experience to support pilot projects within municipal distribution networks, in addition to general applied energy research and development knowledge to support smart grids development in South Africa...
Programme 2: Smart Grids Sub-Programme
Fixed Term Contract - 2 year
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelors of Science (Hons) Electrical Engineering / Mechatronics / information technology engineering.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in electricity distribution networks.
• Knowledge of the electricity distribution industry.
• ICT and systems engineering knowledge.
• Knowledge in Project Management (PMI).
• Knowledge of the Smart Grids.
• Knowledge of electrical South African engineering standards, good practices, policy and regulations.
• Registered with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) in any of the professional categories is an added advantage except Professional Technician.
22 September 2023
Download Job Spec
- Have an extensive understanding of smart grid technologies, and advanced metering infrastructure deployment.
- Experience working with municipalities and understanding of municipal energy environment (Electricity infrastructure, systems and processes).
- Engineering projects management and project finance experience.
- Have an understanding of back-office management systems and metering, communications and control protocols technologies.
- Have strong computer skills, using appropriate electrical modelling software applications, mastery of all applications of the MS Office Suite package.
- High level of problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership, managerial and coordination skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate the implementation of large multi-stakeholder projects, including financial and technical aspects..